JOIN OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
TEDXUWMILWAUKEE IS LOOKING FOR STUDENTS TO HOLD VARIOUS LEADERSHIP POSITIONS AS PART OF OUR EXECUTIVE Board of directors, A REGISTERED STUDENT ORGANIZATION AT UW - MILWAUKEE
Nominate a student, here. We'll contact them and share information about this opportunity.
- Design, create, and produce the experiences that foster development in the group and inspire intellectual thought through TEDx conferences and other events
- Executive Directors come from all majors, backgrounds, and levels of experience
- Hold office for 1 year (February 1st 2018 - January 31st 2018)
- Meet as a cohort once a week
- Work independently about 5 - 10 hours a week
- This is a voluntary experience, and is treated as a self guided “internship.”
How To run for a position
- Nominate yourself via this link by January 26th @ 6PM
- Join the TEDx Team at the General Body Meeting on 1/31.
Appointment decisions will be made by the 2017 Executive Board and Advisors.
Want to meet in person and learn more before 1/26? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting!
- Must be enrolled at least ½ time in a degree-granting program at UWM
- Must be paying the UWM mandatory segregated fees
- Need to be flexible and accountable
- Need to be good at communicating with the team and work individually
- Must believe in the TEDxUWMilwaukee
- Must believe in Ideas Worth Spreading
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
Applications must be electronically submitted by January 26th @ 6PM.
Wednesday, January 31st @ 6:00PM, Union, Room 191
General Body Meeting (GBM) - Meet and hang out with the team. Learn more about the election process and Executive Team roles.
Friday, February 2nd @ 6:00PM
Executive Board Nominees will be notified of the results via email. From there, the new Executive Board will work together to schedule weekly meetings. Former members will work with new members to train, exchange knowledge, and get you ready to share Ideas Worth Spreading.
Currently, TEDxUWMilwaukee is looking to fulfill the following positions....
The President may also hold an additional executive role.
Sponsorships and budgets manager
- Responsible for raising money from sponsors for event expenses
- Responsible for creating and maintaining sponsor relations
- Manages the organization's finance
- Should be someone who has interest or experience with fundraising and development
Works with Head Curator to choose who will be speaking at your event. Organizes and coordinates speakers.
- Create a selection committee (or curation team) of multiple people, so you can provide different perspectives when choosing speakers.
- Coach speakers
- Create synergetic discussions between speakers during sessions
- Send out invitations to speak for our events
- Create and maintain relationships with speakers
General Body Coordinator
Manages most of events and meetings day-of logistics, and is responsible for creating a “TEDx experience” for events
- They serve as the contact with UWM staff, manage day-of event activities outside of the main stage
- In charge of ticketing and registration needs
- In charge of organizing General Body Meeting - Choosing TED talks to show, faciliating conversation, etc.
- May help with budget and other needs as it is seen fit.
- Create and maintain relationships with campus professional staff
- Create and maintain relationship with organization members
Lead all production and planning for the day of events. Create visual projects for the team.
- They oversee all of the roles happening on the day of your event related to…
- Content production
- Stage management
- Work with UWM professional Audio and Visual Staff
- Work with Head Curator and speakers to produce content of value
Video and production lead
- Has the important task of overseeing the video and production of the event – from managing audio and video needs, camera operators and the livestream of events.
Communications, Editorial and Marketing Director
2 positions available - CEM Directors will split the tasks of Designer, Marketing Manager, and Website Manager and work together as a team.
Create and manage a strong digital and print presence of your event, including website content, social media, and print materials.
- They have interest in design to help create the event logo, website, branding materials and other aesthetic components of your event
- Provides support to stage designer
- Responsible for promoting your event to the public
- Responsible for developing and managing your website
- Work to create a website that is accessible and easily managed, since you’ll likely be sharing updates with your community there.
Please direct Questions concerning this opportunity to:
Rebecca Grassl, PhD
Assistant Director of the UWM Union, Student Involvement